Friday, April 18, 2008

Gardening & a Freebie

It was over 70 degrees for the past two days and I spent both days outside and I loved it. I managed to get two gardens tilled and planted. One garden is a gourd garden and runs nearly the length of my privacy fence in the back yard. It will be very pretty when the plants have climbed the fence and the flowers...although the gourd flowers don't smell very pretty. I managed to get most of the gourd garden done but then ran out of seeds and had to make a seed run. I also mowed the lawn trimmed the Holly Bushes drained and cleaned the pond and got it set back up. Hopefully I will be ready to put fish back in it in a couple weeks when it's not so chilly at night.

When I went to get seeds I went to a local "Plant Land" to get the gourd seeds because they always have a nice variety and was quite surprised to find them out of business. It's very sad to see all the small businesses going belly up. Home Depot didn't have any so I went to Meijer's and found bird house gourds and swan neck gourds. No one seems to carry very many varieties of them. I love apple gourd and basket gourds and only managed to find one pack of each of those this year. I guess I will maybe have to start ordering my seeds online to get the variety that I want. Although I use the gourds to make bird houses the apple gourds and basket gourds are nice for painting and making trinket boxes and other crafts.

I saw on the news that there was an earthquake in Illinois yesterday morning that rattled several states including Ohio. I managed to sleep through it though. I don't know what I would do if I felt an earthquake. Unlike tornados, you cannot hide from them.

So sorry that I didn't get the links up for the freebie yesterday so today I am posting both of them. They both coordinate with DigiSkrapNMomma's Chocolate Paisley Kit that you can find in her store at Divine Digital. The birthday bash blog train from Divine was postponed and scheduled to restart this weekend so be sure to surf over to DigiSkrapNMomma's Blog and check for her freebies. So here are the remaining two freebies.... Click on the images for the links

No comments: