Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's chilly again and raining so I get a respite from yard work although I sure have enjoyed being outside. I even got a bit of a sunburn from the time that I was outside this past week. It's nice to have the sun back! But since it's raining and chilly I can do other things like catch up the laundry and other domestics that didn't get any attention this week and I even created a few new pages for my scrapbook.

Of course I have to celebrate Spring!!! Who doesn't love spring!!! Well, maybe those with severe allergies maybe. I used the April Club Deco Kit "April Surprise from Deco Pages to create this page. The wonderful photo in it is one that one of my friends sent to me that she had taken at Innis Woods, a local metropolitan park. I love how the sun is shining behind the flowers. Contributions from the kit include: BG by JHanson, Flowers, and Journal Tag by L.Hill; Torn Stirp and Frame by Designs by CAZ; Butterflies by RoseMadeDesigns. The Club Deco Kit is huge with mini kits from at least 16 designers from the site. It's huge!











For this next one, I created it for a challenge at 3Scrapateers. The challenge is called By The Book. This months challenge was to leave a lot of white space and utilize bleending to emphathize the white space. The kit I used was "Spring Is Coming" by KLS which was a daily download. The word art is from MRottler of One Hour Scrap.


















This last one I created with "It Felt Like Spring" by Deb Ammerman of Deco Pages for a Holiday Challenge there! I used photos of my friends who stopped by to visit... Karen had been diagnosed with a very rare cancer a few years ago and is in remission. Every visit with her is a precious memory that is very much worth saving. Lyrics are from Bette Midler "Gotta Have Friends". Font is Kids!

No comments: