Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Layout chosen for contest and a freebie

One of my layouts was chosen for the new "Designers Choice Awards" challenge at Deco Pages!!!! It is one of the three favorites so it is open for voting from the site members. How totally cool! You can see the layout here. You can see the contest here. Whoo Hooo!

So, yesterday I posted a picture of my Grandmother's parents and Grandparents so I used the picture to create a page with... I love old photos and heritage layouts. I also love being different and so I used a spring kit called Spring Fever by Movefearlessly Designs to create my page. I love the way that it turned out!



I also created a page of my grandma serving me chili on our day together. I am so lucky to still have her and treasure our time together. She is a very special lady. Here's what I did for her! I used Deco-Pages April Surprise Club Deco Kit with contributions from: Designs by CAZ, Ilona Hamp, Deb Ammerman, Lori Stanton, Jennifer Rassi and Jen Hanson.

Yesterday it was almost 70 degrees here so I spent most of the day outside with the dogs cleaning the yard and gardens. I have 9 flowers beds, 3 vegetable gardens and a gourd garden. I just love gardening! So I managed to get 2 vegetable gardens cleaned, the gourd garden and one flower bed cleaned. The gardens are ready to be tilled and then I only have one vegetable garden left to clean and till. Whoo Hooo! It's supposed to be in the mid 70's today so it will be a perfect day to finish getting the gardens taken care of....maybe even get the gourd garden planted before the weekend as it is supposed to rain. I had started seeds inside the house to plant but my cats ate them so I will have to sew the seeds in the ground where they'll be safe from the cats and hope that the rabbit that's been visiting doesn't eat them. I haven't been able to catch a picture of the rabbit in the yard yet. It's very lucky that my Airedale is old. At 14 years old she couldn't catch it if she tried right now.

So, here is today's freebie! Tan Glitter Swirls that coordinate with DigiSkrapNMomma's Chocolate Covered Cherries Kit. There are two more days of freebies that coordinate with her kit.

No comments: