Sunday, January 04, 2009

2009 Goals

I have decided not to set resolutions for the new year as I seem to always neglect resolutions. Instead I decided that I need to set goals for myself...although they are somewhat similar goals to me are easier to manage when they are set properly. One such goal is to be more active on my blog. At least one post per week and to give at least one QP, kit or piece per month to those who come to read my page. I appreciate those who land here and read the ramblings and tangents that I go on. So to start my "goals" for the new year I created a page for the journaling challenge over at Deco-Pages. It's all about "goals" and "resolutions." For the page that I made I used "A New Dawn" by Retro Designs. This is such an awesome kit! I love the colors and style of the elements in the kit.If you are like me you are still scrapping Christmas pictures and other photos from December. I seem to always be running a month behind, lol. Too much to do and so little time. Here is the most recent page that I created from Christmas. My sister was home from Arizona for the holiday and we are lucky enough to still have our Grandma with us. At 90 she still gets around incredibly well. For this page I used Christmas Joy by Deb Ammerman of Deco Pages. I love the patterned papers that she has created and her artsy Christmas Tree and titles. So, anyway one of my goals is to try to scrap at least one page a day for the year and decided that one of the best ways to accomplish that is by participating in as many challenges as I can from the various communities that I belong to. The challenges help me to focus a little better on what to scrap other than random stuff...although that isn't bad either but it fits into the "goals" better. So another challenge page I have done this month was for the "lyrics" challenge at Deco-Pages. For this page I used "Let It Snow and Frosty Fun ( a freebie she gave on the Deco Pages site) " by Ilona Hamp. I love all the little elements that she includes in her kits, especially her little snow men. Needless to say, I am running just a tad behind in the goal of a challenge page per day as today is the fourth and I've only done two challenge pages so far. New goal...get caught up and stay there...hehehe.

I plan on having a freebie on her in the next few days....I'm off on Tuesday so that will be a good day to put one here so check back and see what I come up with for you. Thanks for stoppin by.

No comments: