Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2009! Last year really flew by. I wish that time would slow down a little bit so I could get something accomplished. December was so incredibly busy....busy at the store, six day work weeks, family things and life in general. It was so busy in fact that I didn't even get time to put up a Christmas tree. I put up more than enough at the store so I didn't miss the decorating part though. My sister came home from Arizona for a couple weeks and spent Christmas with us. It was so great to have her home even if for just a short period of time. With the busy schedule that I had last month I didn't get a lot of scrapping done but hope to rectify that this month. Things at work will slow down and we will go back to having two days off a week, yipee! I have to make a note to self, next year I need to be done for Christmas by Thanksgiving, otherwise I might not have time.

So now that it is the second day of January and today is my day off for this week I took some time to get caught up a little bit with my scrapbooking. I made a couple pages of my sister with Christmas Joy by Lori Staton of Deco-Pages. I just love her kit! I especially fell in love with her little elf! How cute it is.

Unfortunately for my sister she got to open up last year's Christmas Present this year...I never did get around to mailing it to her last year. She was tickled with the towels that I made for her. I also made a Calendar for my sisters and grandmother. I used a 2009 calendar kit from Paris Designs of Deco Pages. It actually turned out really well. I used monthly Club Deco Kits from Deco Pages that coordinated with each month. Here is a peek at my February Cover and Calendar page:


I love being a member of Club Deco. Every month I get the coolest kits from the designers there. They have three options of membership: One month so you can try it out and see if you like it (you must be registered on the forum to access this), Three Month Option and a Full Year Option and the prices are really reasonable too! I hope to see you there.

No comments: