Monday, January 05, 2009

Ramblings

This week is the last week of my six day work weeks, whew! I survived it! I love working retail but wow, the holidays can be rough. Now maybe I can get everything caught up that I want to get done including my scrapbooking. Although I have done a few pages over the past couple of days. I found a great kit from Benilda Scraps called Sweet Dream. It's gorgeous! Just check out the pages that I did with it!


I love the realism of her flowers and the elements are fantastic. The word art in the second page is from Stacy Truman. Stop over at Deco Pages and check out her great kits!

Staying with the goal of participating in as many challenges as I can to meet my scrapping goal I participated in the Template Challenge at Deco Pages hosted by Michaele Burkhart (Burkhart Scrapzone Designs) using her template #27. The kit that I chose for this was Shimmery Holiday by Deb Ammerman. The kit and the template worked out great for some of the pictures that I took when I saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra. It was a Christmas gift from my sister and what a gift it was too! The show was awesome and we had floor seats right next to their remote stage. I got some really good pictures. Check this out! I think that they worked out really well together to show off the concert! You should check out the website for TSO! Wonderful music that is a must hear! It's too bad that they only get together and tour during the holidays! I could listen to them all the time!

So I have to say something that is totally non related to anything but since I seem to be suffering from Adult on-set of ADD..... Did you hear about the four year old tot that was found at a rest area on I-70. What a shocking and incredibly sad event but so amazing at the same time. For those of you have young children at home....at age 4, this child knew his mother and father's name, his address and phone number so when he was discovered he was safely returned home. My kids were lucky to be able to recite their address let alone their phone number and my name of course is Mom! Check out this article in the Columbus Dispatch: Boy, 4, reports his mom's killer left him at I-70 stop This is incredible and really scarey. The killer found them after stealing the car from a concert with a set of keys in the car. They did change the locks after the car was stolen but that didn't stop the killer from gaining access! It's so sad!

Well, that's enough rambling for now! Thanks for reading! I'm working on a QP to put up here in the next couple days. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Benilda Scraps said...

Your LOs are WONDERFUL! ALL !!!
This of orchestra, is beautiful too !!!
CONGRATS for your job!!!
Thanks my dear, for using my kit...
I'M VERY HAPPY !!!!