Thursday, January 08, 2009

Heritage Album and a Freebie

I have decided to create a heritage album for my kids so they would have the background of their roots to share with generations to come. I am also working on a book for them that has been a work in progress that talks about my life, where I came from, events that have shaped who I am and includes my pregnancies with them and leads up to "today." Here is one of the pages that I am putting in this book. It features a picture of my grandparents and their children, minus one Uncle who died when he was 16. Grandpa and Mom have since left us but the rest of them are still alive; Grandma who is 91 next month and my Aunts and Uncles who are all in their 70's now. With the loss of my mom I have become very interested in preserving the memory of "family" and hope that one day they will appreciate where they came from and hope to instill in them the appreciation of "family." This page I created using Elegant Recollections by Theta of Deco Pages. I love the rich colors of this kit and the heritage feel to it.
I also found a picture of my mom holding me when I was a baby and it was so inspirational. I miss her so and seeing this picture it's as though I could feel her love. I also created it using Theta's Elegant Recollection 1 Kit. The quote was from Charles Dickens and inspired me to create a word art with it. I hope that you enjoy it and can use it often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the V - Word Art - Valentines post on Jan. 12, 2009. Please, notice that I've changed my url(and blinkie). Thanks again and Happy New Year.