Sunday, April 27, 2008

Poisonous Politics and a freebie

I was reading an article in the Dispatch today about our government "Federal Logjam Hurts the State" and it just gets my goat how the politicians on Capitol Hill just don't get it! It has to be about what "party" wants what and the "other party" has to slam on the brakes because it's not "their" idea?! It's just not right! The Article starts out: "Ohio's efforts to fight hunger, expand health-care coverage to uninsured children and boost student achievement all have been stymied by the stalemate that has plagued Congress the past year." We have both parties in office and we manage to get past it to do what's right for the population of the state...I don't know why the "Federal Government" can't get past it to do what's right for the "Country!" As of March of 2007, Ohio's unemployment rate was already higher than the national average! "Ohio Stats" Since then we have had multiple other issues effect the state and who knows what the real count is now! Food banks can't keep up with the current need let alone have the ability to prepare for might be yet to come.... Personally, I think it's a shame that the stiff collars in Washington can't get past who's who and what party they belong to! Enough ranting on my part...

It's almost the middle of the second quarter of 2008 already.... can you believe it? Where does the time go so quickly? Spring is in full bloom here in Central Ohio and it has been wonderful! The birds are all back and looking for nests, the grass is green, the trees have leafed out and a lot of the flowering trees are bloomed, and the butterflies are appearing already! I have only had white ones at home so far but went to the Franklin Park Conservatory with my Grandma this past week and got to see ones that will be more abundant as it warms up even more. You can see some of the photos in Friday's blog post.

Here are some of the pages I've made with the photos that I took at the Conservatory. The first page was made with the April Club Deco Kit from Deco Pages, called April Surprise! There are kit contributions from 17 Designers for the month! I was so amazed at all the wonderful pieces in this Monster of a Kit! For this page I used papers from JBurkhart, Frame from Ilona Hamp, Charm From KTW, Journal tag from LHill and the Flower Cluster from Paris Designs.

My second page was from the same kit with the background papers, and tag by Carolyn Rupley, Scalloped Frame and Glitter Splat from Dana Conditt, Sparkly edged ribbon from Deb Ammerman and the butterfly from Designs by CAZ! The word art is from me and you can find the link in Friday's blog.
The last two pages that I've made from the conservatory came from Dana Condit's Day Dream Believer Kit and QP add on! This kit is so cool! It has 25 Gorgeous colored, textured, and patterned bgs. 5 Swirly Tags, 5 Wooden Photo Corners, 5 Plastic Bread Tabs, 5 Chrome/Gem Photo Anchors, 5 Deco Wooden Frames, 1 Chrome Deco Frame, 5 Textured Bookplates, 5 Stick Pins, and 1 Chrome Brad and is on sale right now for only $3.99. Great price for this totally cool kit!
I have made another word art that I am sharing here for any who are interested. I just fell in love with this quote from Eleanor Roosevelt when I read it! You can find the word art here:


Have a wonderful Sunday and a great week!

6 comments:

Monique said...

Beautiful layouts, love the bright colors! Have a great day!

Michelle said...

Beautiful layouts.

movefearlessly said...

your layouts are just beautiful!

ScrapShana said...

What absolutely beautiful photos! How lucky you are to have a conservatory so close that you can go visit!

Juliana said...

Beautiful pages! I also love the quote you posted.

The Duchess said...

I love all those great butterfly pictures! Awesome!