Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Chilly!!! It sure is chilly today with a temperature of 28 today. Brrr... Today was my day off of work and I wish I could have stayed in the house all day and not even gotten dressed but I took my best friend for her Chemo Therapy treatment and then we stopped for lunch at a local diner. The owner of the diner is a friend of Bobbie's brother and so we had a wonderful lunch! She always fixes something special for us when we stop there. While we were at the diner (which is right next to a creek) I watched the swans and ducks...it was relaxing in itself even though I wasn't at home in my comfies curled up in front of the fire with a good book (which is how I would have loved to spend the day.) So I took some pictures out the window of the diner of the swans. They were kind of far away and the battery was going dead on my camera so it isn't the best picture, but it was good enough to scrap a page with. I used a new kit by Deb Ammerman at Deco Pages called Tattered. This kit is a wonderful kit with feathers, torn edged frames and so much more. Font is 1942 Report.


Afterwards when I was leaving I stopped and took some pictures of the Mallards. I hadn't seen so many gathered at one place at one time ever. It was actually quite a sight! I used the same Tattered kit for this one as I had used for the Creekside Cafe page. I really like the colors and the elements in this kit!


I also made a page with my grandson from a few photos that I took on Thanksgiving. He was riding his battery powered car and he flipped it by accident. How awesome is it that I had the camera and was able to catch the event, including the look on his face. He was so funny! He thought it was the car's fault that he fell and decided to ride the bike after that and not the car. Kit I used for this is Tyler's Toys by Jen Hanson of Deco Pages. I love this kit for Gabe. They are both so cute!

Yeah, well that's enough for today. It's time to curl up with that book!

No comments: