Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Can you believe that February is nearly over already! Amazing how fast the time goes. The only good thing about time going so fast right now is that winter will soon be over. This has been one of the coldest, windiest winters that I can ever remember. I will not be sorry to see it leave. I can't wait for the trees to start opening the buds that are forming on them now. With only 26 days left till spring I am anxious for the renewal, joy and energy that spring brings. Speaking of February being nearly over, there is only a little time left for the challenges at Deco-Pages.com. There are some really great ones going on right now with wonderful participation gifts. It has been a really busy month for me so I haven't gotten to participate as much as I'd like but I did manage to get a couple done so far. This page is from the Template Challenge moderated by Michaele Burkhart of Burkhart Scrapzone Designs. I love her templates, especially when I am having a creative block. They are so easy to use. The kit that I used for this is part of the Club Deco Kit at Deco-Pages.com. This months theme was Puppy Love Letters and the contributions to it are just wonderful. If you like this template, stop over in the challenge area of the forum and check out the challenge but hurry as there is only a few days left: http://board.deco-pages.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4733


This next page that I completed was for the Material Girl Challenge. The object was to use at least one sweet treat element. For this challenge I had the perfect kit from Lori Staton called Sweet Indulgence. What a great kit!!! Just looking at it makes one hungry for something sweet! Just check out the preview:
Is that yummy or what! You can find this kit here: http://www.deco-pages.com/product.php?productid=17782&cat=0&page=3. So anyway, for the challenge I had a perfect picture of the Specialty Bakery case from the store that I work at. The case is always so yummy looking. The sweet treat that I used was a chocolate mousse from the kit.


This challenge is part of a three part challenge and the reward kit is simply wonderful not to mention that there is a starter kit available for it totaling four parts for a mega kit of sorts. The Material Girl Challenge can be found here: http://board.deco-pages.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107. The starter kit for the three part challenge is from the Scrap by Numbers Challenge. I am scrambling to get this finished because the rewards are simply wonderful. This is what the starter kit looks like:

This kit is free to Club Deco Members or you can purchase it in the store here: http://www.deco-pages.com/product.php?productid=18297&cat=0&page=1 for just $2.50 and here is the reward for participation!

This Sweet Cafe' kit is lovely and I can't wait to get the other two parts of the challenge finished. I hope you will join me. http://www.deco-pages.com

No comments: