Saturday, November 22, 2008

It sure Feels Like Winter

Brrr... It sure feels like winter right now with temperatures in the low 30's but at least there's no snow to speak of right now. I can't believe how quickly fall has come and "feels like" gone. All the leaves are down now and with the temperatures below freezing it feels like winter. Brrr... It hasn't been that long ago that my trees looked like the one you'll see in the page below. Believe it or not I took the picture with my camera phone. It is a little LG Rumor phone. Not too bad but my digital camera would have captured the light coming through the leaves better. I used the color challenge kit "Pumpkin Spice" from Dana Conditt and Lorene Hill over at Deco Pages. It's free for Club Deco Members or during the month of November you can purchase it for $1.99.


Here is the preview to the starter kit!


I've really been having fun with the challenges at Deco Pages...when I've actually had time to participate in them. There is a challenge called scrap by numbers which is three seperate challenges and three rewards but it uses one starter kit which you don't have to use but have to have a set number of elements in the pages. The three different challenges are called Scrap By Numbers, Material Girl Challenge and Holiday Challenge. There is an add on kit reward for each challenge that you participate in.

Here is the preview of the starter kit that as a Club Deco Member you can get for free or purchase in the store for $3.00.


This page below is the page that I created for the Material Girl Challenge. The challenge was to use a recipe card and I thought I would mix it up a little by not using an actual recipe...instead creating a recipe for "Love" The journaling reads: 1 cup of enthusiasm, 1 cup of devotion, 1 cup of unselfishness, 1/2 cup of affection, 1 tsp affection, 1 tsp benevolence, a pinch of attachment. Mix together in a heart shaped vessel and bake a lifetime.


This next one is the one that I created for the Scrap by Numbers challenge. There were a list of elements that you could choose 4 from to complete the page. I chose ribbon, metal brad, scalloped edge, and three papers. It was fun to do too! Of course with a subject like my dear grandson, all the challenges are fun for me.

I still have to complete the holiday challenge to complete the three of them. I can't wait to see what I wind up doing....

1 comment:

Cautcha Lookin' Images said...

You have some very nice kits and lovely layouts to share with us. They are truly beautiful.

I want to thank you for stopping by my blog. You left such a lovely comment and I appreciate your kind heart and thoughts. It's like I got this much needed huge hug that reach out at me through my computer screen.

Thank you!!! Bless you!!!