Saturday, March 29, 2008

Weekend Chatter....

Whoo Hoo, it's Saturday, the sun is shining and although it isn't going to be too warm today it is going to be a beautiful day. I love spring. I started seeds for my gardens this week. My Grandma says that you should start them on St. Patricks Day, it's supposed to be good luck or something. Of course she is Irish too! So, I am generally a day late and dollar short or in this case, several days late but nonetheless I finally got them started. I am looking forward to getting out in the yard this weekend and getting some leaves raked up and starting the spring clean up outside after having spent the last couple weeks completing the spring clean up inside, and this past week spring cleaning my computer. With my trusted furry friends and my camera I am ready to head outside grab a rake and get rid of the winter blahs! Tuesday I will be doing the same at my Grandma's. At 90 years old she shouldn't be the one outdoor raking... I love gardening with her. She has taught me so much, and it's just fun being with her. Then I can look forward to scrapping another gardening season, mine and my Grandma's.

I have been digital scrapping for a few years now having started it to make calendars for Christmas gifts for my mom and other family members. I am a member of several digital scrapping communities and can really see some differences in some of them. Some communities you just feel right at home in and some you just exist with no particular bonds developed or anything. My absolute favorite Digital Scrapbooking community is Deco Pages. In all my years with the various communities, I have never experienced one where the people were so friendly, the gallery so active with comments or the general feel of commraderie amongst the members. I feel that at Deco Pages and more. If you are looking for a community that you can feel at home in, I encourage you to check out Deco Pages.

Right now, Deco Pages has a CT Call going on. If you can spare fifteen minutes or so a day, have time to work with two kits a month from two designers of your choice they could use your help. You can send PatinParis a PM from either DST or Deco Pages expressing your interest and links to two other galleries to apply. I love being on the CT at Deco Pages. They have such talented designers and such a huge variety of kits and colors. I hope to see you there!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the info about the CT call at Deco Pages - I am off to check it out! Hope you have a fabulous Saturday!

DawnMarch said...

I'll have to check out Deco Pages. I've never been there before!

Leigh said...

Glad you have a fav community! I do to. I hang at Scrapstreet mostly! I love that you garden with your Grandma! I know that is a treasured time. You are very lucky!

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your garden and your grandma! That's a beautiful thing. (((hugs)))

And I've never been to Deco Pages, I'll have to check it out.

Char said...

I've never visited Deco Pages before. I'm off to see the site! Thanks for the call info, and have fun gardening today!

Mary said...

TFS that's a new site to me, I'll have to check it out. Good luck in the garden!