Monday, April 13, 2009

Chaotic Musings

I really think that sometimes I must have ADD as I can hardly keep my brain in one place long enough to finish a thought. There is so much going on all the time it seems and I wonder if it is just a sign of the times. Does everyone find it hard to concentrate on one thing for very long or is it just me? Life seems to pull one in so many directions it's hard to stay focused. Yesterday was Easter Sunday and it was pure chaos! The family was here and so I cooked. Thank goodness I had the day off and was off at a reasonable time Saturday evening. I managed to cook turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, pea salad and had the talented girls at the deli make a beautiful cheese tray for me. The family brought the deserts...there was no way I would have the time or the inclination to make those too! So I was expecting around 25 people that included 11 children from the ages of 10 down to one month old. Whew, was the house full! As it turned out there were only 20 of us and then the two dogs! It took three rooms to house everyone long enough to eat and the noise level was at sonic boom! Just look at my Brother-in-Laws face! I think the noise level was getting to him too! lol!

Hopefully it wasn't because of the food! But, I love being with my family although it is loud and chaotic but a good time at any rate. Seems like with everyone working different times and living so far away, we never seem to be able to coordinate schedules to get to visit very much and with that many people in the house, we still didn't get to visit very much. The really cool thing is the amount of babies and kids that we have in the family right now. They are so much fun at Easter hunting for the eggs, playing and having a great time. Even the dogs were exhausted by the time everyone left. Poor Zoee had so much fun chasing the kids around and eating the hidden eggs that after they left, she crashed in front of the couch and didn't move until bed time. She is such a bundle of energy sometimes that she gets herself into a lot of trouble. Just this past week she got into my purse and demolished my digital camera.... I am so hoping that having her fixed will calm her down. I had hoped that when Shadow went to live with my sister in the country that not having him around would calm her down...if it did it was only a little bit.


I guess I will have to wait and see if she calms down more or if she will continue to be the terror that she is...lol. I really believe that terrier is mispelled!! Credits for the pages that I created are given to...Lori Staton of Deco-Pages.com using her Spring, Summer, Easter Mega kit for my brother in law page and to DreamCatchers Scrapping for her Blue Dream kit that I made Zoee's page with. I have linked these two wonderful kits to their stores. They are wonderful kits and the designers are so talented! I just loved creating these pages with them.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

No comments: