Monday, September 29, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month! You probably know someone who has been affected by this or possibly have been affected yourself. I have two of four Aunt's who are survivors of breast cancer. They are the lucky ones as there are thousands who die of this disease every year, but they don't have to. Early detection is key to surviving the disease and can be done with a simple monthly exam and yearly or bi-yearly mamograms. For detailed information about Breast Cancer you can visit the official "Breast Cancer Awareness" website, or the Susan G. Komen for the Cure website. Here is a page that I created in honor of my Aunts who are survivors of this dreaded disease. I have also made a mini kit that I will be giving away for free during the first couple of weeks of October so keep checking back for the pieces you see in the page that I've created. Font used was Gilligan's Island.

No comments: